Due to Pandemic situation in Bellevue, this year’s KIV, which was originally planned on Jan 29, 2022, has been postponed to May 21.
(Corporate Sponsors, here is the 2022 procurement form for you to use)
SONO is a non-profit organization (501(c)(3)) formed to help our orchestra students and teacher through fundraisers and volunteer participation.
Every year, SONO funds for all students, the string coaches, entrance fee to Northwest Orchestra Festival for all three orchestras, the snacks during the Festival, music department picnic event, and provides scholarship so that all orchestra students can attend the annual orchestra retreat.
SONO also provides funding for clinicians working with our orchestras, and the expansion of instrument storage at school.
To sustain the level of support, SONO hosts an orchestra gala & fund raiser event every January / February. The event is called “Knights in Vienna” (KIV). It features 10th ~12th grade orchestra students playing, while select* 9th grade orchestra students serving gourmet desserts, guest performances, free ballroom dance instruction, and silent auctions.
Please SAVE the Date and provide your support. You can support by doing one or more of the following:
- Attend the event as guests (inviting your friends and family too). Ticket sale info will be available soon.
- Donate time** and help before, during and/or at the end of event.
- Donate money**.
- You can donate online here; Or
- Make a check payable to SONO and
- mail to: SONO (Supporters of Newport Orchestra) PO Box 52881Bellevue, WA 98015; Or
- Give the check to Orchestra Director Barney Blough.
- Donate desserts. If your students make them, they can also earn community service hours for the time spent.
* 9th grade orchestra students will sign up to do one of the following tasks: 1) set up on Saturday morning 2) help during the event (e.g., serve desserts) 3) help clean up at the end of the event.
**SONO is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization (Tax ID: # 82-5047078 ). We accept corporate matching contributions of your donation and volunteer hours. Thank you very much in advance for your attention and contribution!!